November 8, 2009

Well, that's a new twist

For years I have had this recurring dream, where I'm in a totally empty high-rise building and I can't get away from a tyrannosaurus. Go up the stairs, duck around the corner, look up - and it's there. Through the door, up higher, stop to catch my breath - now it's closer. It never eats me; the futile cycle of panic & run -> think I'm safe -> see the tyrannosaurus again just repeats until I wake up and think "Wow, I must be anxious about something. Better figure out what to do tomorrow."

Last night brought a new version of the dream: the dinosaur and I were out in town, with a lot of people around, and I had Liam with me. Same rules as always, can't ever get away but don't ever get eaten, but a lot harder to shake when I woke up. Subconscious: what are you trying to tell me?

No comments:

Post a Comment

I've been on the internt for a while, so I'm moderating comments. Don't worry, your comment will show up sooner or later.